Tuesday, January 24, 2017

My Go To Supplies

I wanted to create a quick post about the supplies that I love to use, but don't get overwhelmed by them because I have been adding to my collection for awhile. I cant afford to run out and buy everything in this picture in one shopping trip! You start small and add to when you feel ready, and keep in mind that what I feel comfortable with may not work best for you. I actually started with a journaling bible, a pencil, and some color pencils and that was it for months. I wanted to get comfortable with just creating in my bible with the basic supplies I was most comfortable with. I actually ended up painting, the first time, in my bible because I needed to cover a mistake I had made! So, that ended up being a happy accident that took me down an exciting path. Lets talk supplies!

Whats in my art bag:

1)Winsor & Newton Cotman Water Colour Sketchers Pocket Box 
great for dabbling in watercolors with out investing alot. Its also great for traveling on the go! Also comes with its own brush!
2)Talens Van Gogh Watercolor, 10ml, 10 Tube Set
These are my personal favorite, because the are very affordable but great quality! You can use them on a white plate or buy a air tight watercolor palette for them. You can mix so many colors just from this one set.
3)Kum Magnesium Alloy Metal 1-Hole Steel Blade Rectangular Pencil Sharpeners
Nothing fancy but works GREAT! I don't use an electric sharpener because all it will do is eat up your expensive pencils.
4)Pentel GraphGear 500 Automatic Drafting Pencil Black
I love a good mechanical pencil.
5)Staedtler Mars Plastic Eraser 
6)Uni-Ball Gel Impact UM-153 White Broad 1.0mm Rollerball
Great for adding highlights
7)Pentel Arts Aquash Water Brush
I don't use this brush all the time because I like a plain watercolor brush but it is good to use on the go or for a quick watercolor. I like to use it with my sketchbook alot. I will tell you it is harder to control your water with this brush because it is always releasing water... so that is why a plain watercolor brush is good to use too.
8)paper towels
Nothing fancy but handy for cleaning up water and cleaning off brushes
9)Faber-Castell Dust-Free Vinyl Erasers
10)Polychromos  Pencils
These are expensive and not a "starting out" color pencil, but they are wonderful if you love color pencils and want to invest in a great quality pencil. They are a dream to work with.
11)Prismacolor Scholar Colored Pencils
What I started with and still use
12)Faber-Castel  Albrecht Durer Artist Watercolor Pencils
Higher quality watercolor pencil, so if you love watercolor pencils and want to upgrade they are very good.
13)Faber-Castell Art GRIP Aquarelle Watercolor Pencils
These are the watercolors I started with and still use, and can buy a starter kit for very little.
14)Journaling Bible (ESV Double Column Journaling Bible By Crossway pictured here)

**AND the black cases that hold all my pencils are from Michael's Craft Store for only $5 a piece! They are awesome to store pencils and they roll up and close to keep them protected.

You can find all of these products on Amazon for a great deal, and hopefully soon I will have direct links for you so there is no guessing! I hope this helps!